What We Do?
In-situ Machining Services
In-situ Crankshaft and Midshaft Grinding
- Thorough inspection of crankshafts with appropriate NDT tests. Inspections include Hardness checking with portable hardness tester, Crack detection with MPI.
- Specially designed rotary grinding machine for in-situ application, adaptable for various designs of Crankpins, Main Journals and Shaft Journals.
- Crankshafts and Machine shafts can be ground without dismantling with the range starting from diameter 125mm upwards.
- Trained engineers with good knowledge of procedures and care to be taken during grinding of Crankpin and Journals In-situ.
- Availability of fixtures to suit most of engines enables us to attend to a Job early.
- This machine can also be used with single and multipoint cutters for machining the Journals and then grinding, in cases where higher under-sizing needs to be carried out.
- Dimensional accuracy to meet OEM standards.
Our rugged portable milling machines are for on-site machining operations in X Y & Z axes with high accuracy. Typical applications include machining of
- Bed plate
- Base stand
- Corroded guide rail / foundation
- Gear box mounting base
- Range up to 20meters length X 6meters width.
- Hydraulic / Pneumatic drives
- Modular Machine suitable for transport and assembly in confined areas
1. Gearbox Base
2. Machine / Equipment base
3. Missile seating / foundation
Any large flat surfaces requiring machining
In-situ Line Boring
Line Boring is a special type of in-situ boring operation for machining two or more bores in a straight line. The line boring machine is carried out in-situ with our specially designed in-situ line boring machine that is capable of achieving a high degree of accuracy and surface finish.
- In-situ line boring with well-trained and high experienced engineers & technicians.
- Specially designed Hydro-Drive Line Boring machine with accuracies to the tune of around 0.02mm even for large bores.
- A bore of any size and any length can be bored in line.
- Angle boring to a specified angle with respect to the reference axis.
- Specialized fixtures and tools designed to suit different applications.
- Optical and laser alignment of the bores depending on the requirement. Auto aligning fine feed unit for optimum finish.
- The surface finish can be tested with a digital surface roughness gauge.
- All dimensions are maintained as per OEM specifications.
We offer Line boring services from a minimum diameter of 70mm to 3000mm.
Sizes higher than 3000mm can also be machined if the requirements of the customer are presented to us with lead time.
The length of the bore set is not a restriction.
- Diesel Engines
- Main Bearing Housings
- Camshaft housing
- Liner landing area bores
- Compressor Bearing bores
- Sterntube Bores
- Rudder Bushes and bores
- Gas turbines & steams turbine
- Mill stand Coilbox
- Vertical Raw Mill bearing housings
- Rotating shafts lines that require bearing alignment or restoration
In-situ Machining (General)
- Specialized machines and fixtures with state-of-the-art machining techniques are used.
- Trained and experienced in In-situ machining.
- Creative solutions for every unique problem.
- Checking of machined areas with appropriate testing equipment like laser tracker to meet OEM specifications.
- Horizontal Bores & Journals
- Vertical Bores & Journals
- Flange faces
- Horizontal & Vertical flat surface
- Key way cutting in journal & bores
- On-site milling
In-situ Flange Facing
Type of Flange Machining normally attended to with well experienced service personnel
- Raised Face Flanges
- RTJ Flanges
- O-Ring Groves
- Tube Shell Flanges
- Gun Mountings
- Pipe & Steam Flanges
- Chamfers and weld preparations
- Phonographic - Serrated finishes
- Good Finish and Flatness accuracy
- Flange facing machine suitable for OD, ID, and Special Mountings
- Pipe line flanges, Equipment to pipe line flanges
- Pressure vessel cover seatings, Man hole cover seatings
- Furnace Crown rings / Lip rings, Slew rings of Cranes / Turrets
- Heat Exchangers
- Gun / Weapon Seatings
- Most flat, circular seating area machining requirement can be fulfilled with this service
In-situ Metal Stitching
- Most repairs can be carried out on-site, resulting in a great saving time and dismantling.
- Maintains alignment and original surface with little or no machining or re-machining required.
- Dampens and absorbs compression stress and spreads the tensile strains.
- Dampens the load away from fatigue points.
- The repair being completely cold does not require the application of heat which often introduces fresh stress and change of material characteristics.
- A pressure tight seal can be achieved.
- Even completely broken off pieces can be rehabilitated with new casting pieces replaced and metal-stitched in place.
- Gearbox housing
- Bedplate frame
- Cylinder heads
- Pump casings
- Engine block
- Brake drum
- Flange plate
- Gas inlet casing
- Machine frames, etc.
In-situ Machining in Cement Industries
- Raw Mill - Gearbox, Mill bearing housing, Rocker arm journals, Rocker arm bushes, Taper pin bores
- Cement Mill - Gearbox, Mill bearing housing, Rocker arm
- Ball Mill - Drilling & Tapping on body, Trunnion journal grinding, Thrust face grinding, Gearbox
- Kiln - Support roller, Thrust Roller, Tyre , Alignment, Gearbox
- Coal Mill - Gearboxes, Shafts, stud repair
- Roller Press Journals